Summer came in with a hot bang . . . Here in the south, we had an unusually hot May and are looking ahead to a quite warm June, too. One of the joys of summer is gatherings with friends, seasoned with the hum of fans and the aroma of deliciousness on the grill.
This is a quick and easy crowd pleaser for one of those last minute, impromptu gatherings . . . a little bit of sweet, a tad of salty & a pinch of tart makes the perfect compilation of a refreshing summer treat! Collect some dainty parfait glasses for a brunch with girlfriends or miniature Mason jars for a Sunday evening gathering with your church family and voila!
Juice & Zest from 2+ Limes
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 8oz. container of Whipped Cream
Townhouse Flip Sides Crackers
1/2 cup sugar
Optional: 1 can Whipped Topping & Lime Slices
- Zest and juice two (or more – if you like a little more tart flavor) limes into a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of orange juice and sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- In a gallon ziplock back, put 3/4 box of Flip Sides crackers. Press all the air out of the bag. With a rolling pin, crush the crackers to crumbs. Then, add sugar and shake . . . My 10 year old loves to help with crushing the crackers & shaking the sugar! LOL!
- In the miniature parfait glasses or Mason jars, pour some crumbs in the bottom of the glasses.
- Dip a heaping tablespoon of the cream mixture into the glasses.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve
- OPTIONAL: Top with a dash of whipped topping & a small slice of lime.
YIELD: 12 small servings